Network Challenges In Cloud-based Service Era
In the cloud-based service era, the explosive growth of network traffic brings a great deal of network capacity upgrades and equipment expansions; the operators are facing a series of challenges:
- Increased backbone traffic results in rapidly increasing costs in the IP and optical layer, but the overall resource utilization rate is low, transport layer transmission is inefficient
- Hierarchical planning and independent operation lead to poor coordination ability in the IP and optical networks. This leads to long periods of service deployment and fault diagnosis leads to low efficiency
- The network optimization impact on the existing network business is huge. Complicated configuration and business expansion or upgrade is difficult. The deployment after planning is a long period with high costs
The operators need innovative solutions to optimize IP and optical networks to meet the challenges of the new era.
ZTE vPIPE Solution Building Flexiable and Effcient Network
To implement unified planning, unified scheduling, and unified O&M, ZTE vPIPE solution introduces SDN technology in IP + Optical network as follows.
- IP controller is deployed. IP/MPLS network CP (Control Plane) remains in forwarding equipment, and PCE is migrated to IP controller.
- Optical controller is deployed. Optical network CP is fully migrated to optical controller.
- H-controller is deployed. HCO coordinates IP network and optical network. IP and optical networks exchange information through GMPLS UNI.
- By self-patented technology, router port resources pooling and optical pipeline resources pooling are realized.
By vPIPE solution, the IP layer and the optical layer can work with coordination. The entire bearer network realizes bandwidth pipeline resources virtualization which is like the DC virtualization. On the basis of pipeline resource virtualization, flexible and on-demand bandwidth scheduling is realized. The service provision, collaborative protection, O&M and resource optimization are all achieved with dramatic improvement.
The planning stage：According to IP & Optical Unified Algorithm Tool, the customer can enter the specified conditions and implement unified planning to avoid over protection and invalid forwarding, and to achieve the optimal cost of planning. Compared with the traditional solution, 50% CAPEX is saved.
The deployment and O&M stage： The SDN Controller understands the total IP+ optical network information. Through the customized APP, fast Service Provisioning & Trouble Shooting can be realized. It means 50% OPEX is saved.
The network optimization stage: On the basis of total bandwidth resource pooling and Dynamic Network Self Adjustment technology, on-demand bandwidth scheduling perfectly solves the tidal flow effect. 80% investment utilization can be achieved.